Hi! I am Jill Norris. I have 9+ years of experience designing for the education industry and in that time I have developed a passion for creating engaging education experiences. I believe being an empathetic thinker is crucial to great educational content, design, and experiences.
I like solving problems, striving for great user experiences, and have an appetite for learning. Since 2011, I have been avidly consuming the how's and the why's of web design. I am a member of Treehouse, a web design/development education platform which I use to keep myself up-to-date and supplement what I have already learned in practice or from books.
While we're talking about me...
- What About Bob? (1991)
- Cry-Baby (1990)
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
- Yojimbo (1961)
- High Noon (1952)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- Breaking Bad
- Twin Peaks
- Rake (Austrailian)
- The Killing
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Something Happened by Joesph Heller
- Solomon's Vinyard (The Fifth Grave) by Jonathan Latimer
I love to knit. In fact, I even turned my relaxing hobby into work: each winter I bring my knits to a local craft fair and hope the day is unusually cold (the best way to sell a scarf in Florida is to do it on a cold day!). On occasion, I'm surprised by an online sale, too. If you have time, check out my store.
Cat vs. Dog
I definitely prefer dogs. But I somehow ended up with a cat for a roommate.